The top gym and fitness center websites have charming presentations just like their actual centers. Any seasoned developer knows that to have an extraordinary website design, you need to rise above just aesthetics; user experience and usability matters too. There are a few tips and hints from our designers, we would like to share. These are to help you get the maximum benefit from both aesthetics and usability. Hope that they inspire you and help you understand what it takes to craft a brilliant gym website design.
The best practices for gym website design
Who is the best source to find out what’s behind a successful web design? Designers and business owners of course. So we got helpful insights from the clients regarding what has been working best for them. Our designers too shared what thought was put behind the successful designs and what are the best practices for the gym website.
- Convey a clear message in a readable way
Cut short the jargon and fluff from the website. Just creating pretty pages and not conveying a clear message will not get you anywhere. Design your page around the message you want to portray. Aim for the best user flow with direct and concise content. For better user engagement, present the right message in the right way and grow sales. Here are a few more tips for better readability:
- Use white space between columns of content
- Keep features descriptions brief and to the point
- Using headings and subheadings for easy scan in one glance
- Organize and structure your content to make it accessible
- Make sure navigation is seamless, consistent, and intuitive
Use clear names for menu tabs. Navigation on your website should be seamless and consistent. Cross-check for links and allow external links to be opened in a new tab. It’s important that users find it easy to get anywhere on your website at any time.
There is a reason the majority of the websites have the menu bar at the top. Better still make it freeze at the top of the screen.
All the offers and rewards should be clearly explained for catching the attention. Vague offers pop-ups present the idea of just a publicity stunt.
If your gym features a sauna, highlight it on the home screen and in meta description as it is a premium service.
- Choose the right color palette
The choice of color says a lot even before the visitor has had a chance to read the content. Let the color resonate with the owner’s personality. The right colors can convey the right message about your gym, increase readability, make important elements stand out, attract visitors’ attention, and build a successful brand identity.
Essentials of creating a color scheme:
- Try to portray a cheerful atmosphere through your website. Users will link it to the environment you will have at your gym. Avoid dark colors.
- Gray and brown are not well received by the majority of the people. Opt for a color palette that best describes the brand personality. Orange is the favorite choice by the gym owners as it suggests ruggedness and excitement.
- Consistency should be maintained for colors use, Uphold the same color for a particular type of element like text, backgrounds, CTAs, links, etc.
- Use can draw another advantage from your color choice. Use a good contrast to draw attention to important elements that you want to highlight such as CTAs, offers, and features.
- Images and animations are a great tool
A picture is worth the thousand words.
A catchy image or animation can drive a strong message. Users find them particularly engaging. They are a great way to build the content on your web pages and create flow.
Lets share some handy tips for using images and animations:
- Do not overuse images and animations. They may slow down your website.
- Use high-quality and aesthetically pleasing pictures. Prefer the original picture of the gym.
- Use animations that reflect your brand.
- Again don’t overload your website with animated elements. Let there be ample white space. If everything is spinning and flying, visitors may feel confused about what to look at first.
There is always a lot to learn and upgrade with the ever changing technology. Happy website designing!